Make it Mobile
05/05/2012 - 05/20/2012
Check out these Links to slides, data, and other kickoff resources
We’re challenging the tech community to find Mobile strategies to address one of the 4 Challenge topics… don’t forget to vote for your favorite – there on the right:
1) Connecting under-connected communities (ethnic groups, regional groups, causes) through social networking, video, multimedia, events
2) Job creation – Matching opportunities with people looking for them using technology, multimedia and collaboration tools.
3) Startups – Tightening the bonds between any new business initiatives to encourage collaboration and job creation in the area.
4) Culture & Entertainment – Help people discover, share, and experience events.
We expect you to be at the Saturday May 5th event to listen to presentations that define the 4 Challenge topics … so you can learn how to win! The Demo Day and Awards are Sunday May 20th – be there to win in multiple categories – such as; most innovative code, best use of an Advisor, coolest t-shirt, etc.
Get the event program here
- This is the event format:
- Developers, designers and business people gather on Saturday, May 5 at Harvard’s new I-Lab. Community leaders tell the group about the challenges they face in four areas: Bringing together isolated communities. Helping startups connect. Building audience for the arts. Crafting tools for jobseekers.
- Participants then form teams, or join existing teams, and spend the evening brainstorming and hacking to solve one of the problems presented. And it’s 2012, so it’s gotta be mobile.
- Everyone comes back two weeks later, on Sunday, May 20th to present their work, be judged by community leaders, win prizes in several categories, and have a party.